Skip to content
x
  
  
Fall Applications for TAMIU CARES Aid Grant Open Posted: 9/10/20

Fall Applications for TAMIU CARES Aid Grant Open

 

Dr. Arenaz
 

Over 2,000 Texas A&M International University (TAMIU) students have benefited from the TAMIU CARES (Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security) Act through the Emergency Financial Aid Grant.

As of Aug. 19, a total of $2,436,300 has been distributed through this Grant funding opportunity. The total number of students who have received a Grant through the CARES Act is 1,040 for Spring and 1,120 for Summer. 

TAMIU president Dr. Pablo Arenaz said the TAMIU CARES program is providing critical assistance to students.

“Thousands of TAMIU students and their families have been impacted by the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The availability of this assistance has been a beacon of relief for them. We are truly thankful to our congressional delegation for their leadership on this,” Dr. Arenaz said, “We encourage eligible, Fall-enrolled students to apply for TAMIU CARES assistance and carefully review requirements and documentation needed to complete their applications.”

The Fall 2020 application opened Wednesday, Sept. 16. Only Title IV-eligible students received application information via their student Dusty Email account. International students were also sent a link to apply for aid through additional funding opportunities. Information is available at the TAMIU CARES dedicated web site at https://www.tamiu.edu/cares/  

Grant award amounts of up to $1500 can be allocated for expenses related to the disruption due to COVID-19, including housing and food insecurity, medical expenses, and lack of educational support and supplies, including technology.

TAMIU will award $5.1 million in emergency grants to assist students as part of the TAMIU CARES Program.  Of this, 92%, or $4,750,878, are federal funds while the remaining 8%, or $394,000, is from non-governmental sources.  

A complete CARES application must include supporting documentation for the hardship they are seeking funding assistance and meet all eligibility requirements. Applications will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis and upon funding availability.  

Individuals can learn more about TAMIU CARES through an informative video found at https://youtu.be/b1ZFv1cSpfc

For more information on TAMIU CARES distributions to date and Fall grant availability, visit https://www.tamiu.edu/cares/  or email tamiucares@tamiu.edu

Additional information on the University’s ongoing response to the COVID-19 Pandemic is available on its online COVID-19 Response Center, located at https://www.tamiu.edu/coronavirus/index.shtml

Related News