Leave Your Mark
Whether you're a former high school varsity athlete or have never played organized sports before, joining TAMIU INTRAMURALS could be the perfect decision for you. College is a major transition for most students, and playing intramural sports is one way to help you through that transition. Playing intramural sports isn't just good for the fun of it -- it allows you to reap rewards for your health, social life and even academic pursuits. The greatest part of intramurals is the memories and friendships you make. These memories will live on with you and your friends for a lifetime.
For more information contact:
Intramural Specialist: Ivan Cano
(956) 326 - 3013
TAMIU fall 2019 Intramural Schedule
Registration Deadline & Captain's Meeting
|6 v 6 Volleyball||September 5||September 3||September 9|
|Dodgeball Tournament||September 10||September 12|
|7 v 7 Flag Football||October 3||October 3||October 7|
3 v 3 Basketball
|October 3||October 7|
|Kickball Tournament||October 8||October 10|
|Wiffleball||October 16||October 17|
|Table Tennis Tournament||October 25||October 25|
|4 v 4 Indoor Soccer||October 30||October 30||November 4|
|Spikeball Tournament||November 7||November 7|
|Fut-Tennis Tournament||November 7||November 7|
|Outdoor Ultimate Frisbee||November 5||November 7|
|Badminton||November 15||November 15|
PLEASE CHECK OUR WEBSITE PERIODICALLY FOR UPDATES
To sign up for Intramurals go to www.imleagues.com
Creating a Profile
Create a profile with the following information: Name, @dusty.tamiu.edu or tamiu.edu email, phone number, and ID number are the most important information needed. After creating the profile you can download the REC IT app for your mobile device to receive notifications and also to be able to create/ join teams with our friends.
Interested in participating in an intramural sporting event? Please click on the team roster form below and fill in all required spaces. Include team captain information as well as individual teammate information (i.e. names, id numbers, phone numbers, emails etc). All events are open to students, faculty, staff, & spouse. Completed forms must be submitted to the Department of Recreational Sports.
Free Agent Program
Interested in participating in an intramural sport but don´t know anyone or have enough players? Rec. Sports has just what you need. The "Free Agent" program helps individuals become part of the intramural action by posting their names and telephone numbers on a "Free Agent" list. Teams needing players can then choose from this list or new teams will be formed from the available free agents. To sign-up, please fill out the "Free Agent". The list will be updated on a regular basis. Completed forms must be submitted to the Department of Recreational Sports.
Who is eligible to participate in Intramural Events?
- Currently enrolled students at TAMIU
- Faculty and Staff (must have a Rec Sports membership)
Can Alumni, University Affiliates or general community members participate with the Intramural Program?
- NO only students who are currently enrolled, along with faculty and staff who have a current Rec Sports Membership
Can a person compete in multiple divisions?
- YES, a person can compete in multiple divisions, provided they only participate on one team within a single division. (example: a person can participate in one men's team and one co-rec team in basketball)
Can a member of the Intercollegiate Athletic Team (ex: basketball) participate in Intramural Events?
- YES, as long as they do not participate with the same sport in which they compete at the Intercollegiate Level (ex: Basketball players cannot participate in the 3x3 Basketball or 5x5 Basketball)
How long does a member of an Intercollegiate team have to wait to participate in the same sport in which they competed?
- One full calendar year from the last day of the season for the Intercollegiate team. (ex: a team's last game was Feb. 2nd 2011, consequently a player whose name appears on the roster may not participate in the same sport till Feb. 2nd 2012)
If an Intercollegiate player did not complete the season, when would they become eligible?
- The rule remains the same, one full calendar year from the last day of the season for the intercollegiate team. (ex: player leaves a team Jan. 10 2011 but the season ends Mar. 12, 2011, then the player may not participate in the sport till Mar. 12, 2012)
Can Coaches from the University participate in Intramurals event of sport they are currently employed?
- Yes, as long as they have purchased a Rec Sports Membership. (ex: a soccer coach can participate in outdoor soccer or indoor soccer provided they have purchased a Rec Sports membership)
Can a team be eliminated from playoff contention?
- Yes, they can be eliminated for the following reasons: Sportsmanship, Attendance