Sexual Assault Prevention Training
NOTE: This training is REQUIRED of ALL new TAMIU students (freshmen and transfers).
Texas A&M International University (TAMIU) is committed to the safety and well-being of all members of the Dustdevil family, and as Dustdevils, we pledge to uphold the values of Respect, Integrity, Service, and Excellence. As a TAMIU student, you play a vital role in maintaining a safe campus environment and impacting the lives of your peers in positive ways.
To that end, as part of our education and prevention efforts, we provide students an online training program called Sexual Assault Prevention which educates students about healthy relationships; effective communication; understanding and reporting sexual assault; the importance of sexual consent; and the role of bystanders in creating safe, healthy communities. This training will empower you to make well-informed decisions about issues that affect your college years and beyond.
If you have questions, need assistance, or wish to confirm successful completion of each part of the course, please contact the Equal Opportunity & Diversity Office at 956-326-2858.
Login Instructions and Information:
- You will need Internet access and audio capabilities.
- To avoid technical issues, please use a major web browser released within the previous 2 years. All on-campus computers meet this criteria.
- From the TAMIU homepage (www.tamiu.edu), click on UConnect at the top.
- Log into UConnect using your student username and password (the same used for your Dusty email).
- Click on Academic Success on the left.
- Click on the Sexual Assault Prevention link on the right.
- You will be taken to the homepage of EverFi, the developers of the training.
- Select Get Started and follow the training instructions.
- Part 1 may be taken in multiple sittings. Part 1 takes about 1 to 1.5 hours to complete if done in one sitting.
- You must obtain a score of 70% or higher on the course in order to receive completion credit.
- Part 2 will become available 45 days after you complete Part 1. You will receive email instructions when it is time to begin Part 2.
- Part 2 is a post-training survey that takes about 5-10 minutes to complete.
- The course may include surveys to help personalize your experience and measure student attitudes and behaviors. All responses are confidential. TAMIU will only receive information about the student body as a whole and will never see individual student answers.
- Technical support is available 24/7 via the HELP link within the course.