Students are expected to maintain high level of academic standards to remain in the MPA program. These include:
- A 3.0 cumulative GPA should be maintained by students.
- Failure to maintain a cumulative 3.0 GPA may result in administrative review or dismissal due to inadequate academic progress.
- Receive no grade lower than a “C” in a core requirement and have no more than one “C” in all core requirements.
- If a student earns below a “C” or a second “C” in a core course, the student must repeat the course.
- Complete all required courses within 5 years from the first class taken.
- Students need to maintain continuous registration until the completion of the degree or receive a registration waiver.
- Academic dishonesty of any sort will result in disciplinary action up to and including dismissal from our program. The relevant University policies are summarized in the graduate student handbook which can be found at http://www.tamiu.edu/gradschool/HandbooksandManuals.shtml.
Examples of academic dishonesty include, but are not limited to:
- Submission of an assignment that is the work of another person in whole or in part.
- Failure to cite the work of others appropriately, whether published or unpublished, print or non-print.
- Unauthorized copying of materials, including computer programs.
- Providing another student with information or receiving information from another student during examinations or class sessions, unless authorized by the instructor.
- Observing or assisting other students in their work unless authorized by the instructor.
- Conduct of any sort, which violates the integrity of examinations and other assignments.
- Cooperating with other persons involved in academic dishonesty.