The Service-Learning Expo is an opportunity for you to share your service-learning experience . At the Expo-- held on Wednesday, November 11, 2015 in Student Center Ballroom (2nd Floor) —you will share your experiences with participants from other courses, community partners, and guests.
Before the expo:
Have appropriate record of your service-learning experience, the following information is useful:
• Visual information: take pictures, record a video (if you have a video camera), keep any flyers, lesson plans, handouts, or any materials you produced during the service project.
• Reflective information: jot down as many notes as you can about your experience. Think about how the service relates to the content of your class.
During the Expo, November 11th:
• Student set-up begins at 8:00 am in Student Center Ballroom.
• Please be sure that one of your group members is with project at all times.
• Judges will start their rounds at 9:00 am.
• Ceremony will begin at 11:30 am.
Be ready to answer the following questions as you present your project:
- What have you learned by being involved in this program/project?
- How do you plan on utilizing the skills you have learned beyond this course?
- What has been your biggest challenge?
- What has been the most exciting experience with this program?
Guidelines for Posters and Videos
Posters in PowerPoint format are accepted. Please be sure to include the following information:
Name of course and participants (students, faculty, and community partners)
Description of your service experience:
Examine connection of service to course content:
Articulate learning by examining your experience
Pictrues or visual images of the service project.
Be prepepared for the oral presentation to answer the following questions:
What have you learned by being involved in this program/project?
How do you plan on utilizing the skills you have learned beyond this course?
What has been your biggest challenge?
What has been the most exciting experience with this program?
Please proofread for grammar and spelling, use light background color for optimum quality.
Posters can be printed in a professional format by the Service-Learning Center. If you would like your poster to be printed, submit your poster in PPP format (48 width by 36 height) by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, October 30.
If you are doing a video, please do not exceed 10 minutes. Please be ready to answer the questions above. You will need to explain what your service-learning project was about and what you learned from this experience. Request a laptop to display your video to email@example.com.