In keeping in compliance with CDC guidelines for gathering and social distancing, all College of Education admissions appointments will be conducted virtually. Please see below for details.
College of Education
Educator Preparation Programs / Alternative Certification Program / Professional Programs
What to Expect from our Virtual College of Education Admission Process
I am ready to apply for College of Education Admission. What is my next step?
- Learn about the College of Education Application process from the information further down the page.
- Applications may be submitted starting April 6, 2020 up until registration is closed for the Fall 2020 semester. Any assistance and appointments needed during this process will be conducted virtually using Blackboard or WebEx software*.
- Prospective students will be contacted via Dusty email to notify that applications may be submitted, as well as a link for a scheduled live virtual presentation of the process with steps on how to set up and prepare. This presentation is meant to guide you through the application process to the College of Education and answer any questions you may have about the process.
- Your COED admissions team will send you a link to the WebEx meeting a week prior to the chosen date. If you have any issues with the software, please call our office at 956-326-2427 in order to ensure you do not miss out on these live presentations.
How do virtual presentations work?
- When you access the presentation with the software, you will be able to hear and see your COED Academic Success Coach who is overseeing Admissions on your screen.
- They will be able to share their computer screen with you to guide you through the different forms needed to be filled to complete your admissions packet.
- It is important to ask any questions during or after the presentation if needed in order to ensure proper submission.
The following items are the requirements for admittance into the College of Education: 1. Admission into Texas A&M International University:-Undergraduate-Graduate-Admission Requirements - Matriculation2. Admission into the College of Education - Complete Admissions Application Packet:- Complete Application- Submit Code of Ethics*
- Submit FERPA*
- Complete Screening Instrument****
*Student signature required.
**All core coursework must be completed with a grade of C or better.NEW!
*** For Graduate students, this must be completed before midsemester of their initial semester.
**** Candidates seeking admissions for graduate or professional certificates should view their admission requirements and screening instrument links on the Graduate School Website.For Bilingual Education Students - Spanish Skills Assessment Dates:
Keep checking in for SSA dates!Testing will take place at the TAMIU Testing Center in ZSC 201.
Please contact them at email@example.com or 956-326-2131 for additional information
Upon completion of admission application packet, sign the "Formal Admittance Acknowledgement Letter" via email before starting the program. Please note that failure to complete, sign, and return all required items via email to the Admissions Coordinator before the semester deadlines may result in delayed start dates.
Moreover, if you change majors, you must reapply to the College because individual program requirements may differ.NEW! Graduate Applicants:
Please note that an admission decision will not be rendered until all items are received by the Graduate School. Additionally, if offered admission, you must sign your acceptance letter and return it to the Graduate School before enrolling for courses.
For more information on being admitted into the College of Education, or to submit completed application packets, please contact:NEW!
TAMIU Graduate School, ZSC 206, firstname.lastname@example.org or 956.326-3020 UNDERGRADUATE APPLICANTSAna Jimenez, Office of Student Success in Pellegrino Hall 302 /
/ 956-326-2427 College of Education Application - Apply Now! TO SUBMIT APPLICATION:
Click the button that says College of Education Application – Apply Now!
Download the PDF Application to your computer.
Open the file from your computer, and fill out the form with the fields provided.
Sign the document within your PDF viewer (found under the “Fill and Sign” option.SAVE
your changes. This is very important, so your sent application is full and complete.
Send your completed application as an attachment
to COEDacceptance@tamiu.edu (undergraduate)
or email@example.com (graduate)
Please include your full name, e-mail address, and phone number in the email in addition to your application.