Freshman Leadership Organization
Don’t let the name fool you; the Freshman Leadership Organization (FLO) is not an organization but rather a program designed to help you become an exemplary leader through the following components:
- Cohort Retreat – Early September
- Bi-Weekly Workshops – Fridays 4:00-5:00 p.m.
- Service Projects – At least one per semester
- Coaching Meetups – Flexible Scheduling
All first-year students (regardless of credit hours completed) qualify after attending Dusty Camp.
Becoming a cohort member has its own set of benefits—aside from great friendships—to include:
- Individualized Strengths Themes Report
- Recognition at the Emerging Leaders Celebration
- Opportunities for letters of recommendation
- A chance to be nominated for the Freshman Excellence Award
- Invitation to a special Reading the Globe Meet the Author Session
- Credit for Group 1 of the International Leadership Certificate
- TAMIU Trailblazers credit for program completion…and the list goes on!
Applications for our 2020-2021 cohort will open June 2020.